Airports and flying are a hassle to begin with, let alone if you plan to fly with your longboards. We know your surfboards are important to you; nothing kills the vibe on a surf trip like unpacking your bag at your destination and finding out the nose on your favorite longboard cracked during the trip over. Why not pack your longboards in this bag, and not have to worry about it?
Holds 2 Longboards. This surfboard coffin travel bag is 7.8" thick, 25.5" wide, and is intended to hold two longboard surfboards. Generally, the thickness of your two longboards, when added together, will fit in this bag. But don't forget to consider how your boards will be packed - what will be above, beneath, and between them (clothes, towels, etc.) - when you're considering how your surfboards will fit in this bag.
Wheeled Travel Bag. Save your strength for the lineup! Wheels are extremely helpful when getting your surfboards to and through the airport. Who knows how far away the oversized luggage checkin spot could be at your airport, and if you're bringing your surfboards in from your long-term parking spot, you'll be grateful you picked the longboard bag with wheels. If you're looking for a bag without wheels, here's another Longboard Travel Coffin.
Essential Travel Features:
- 600D Polyester fabric: heavy duty enough for the most careless baggage handlers
- 10mm Waterproof padding: bulky enough to protect your longboards through jet turbulence or bumpy, unpaved roads
- Heavy duty inline bearing wheel system: save your strength for catching waves
- Load compression strap system: tighten the straps to tighten your boards so they don't rattle around inside. Also helpful for strapping this bag to your rental car once you touch down at your surf destination
- Detachable shoulder strap: pop it off after you get your board to the airport, and back on when carrying/pulling the bag around
- Non corrosive nylon zip: to prevent against zippers corroded shut with dried saltwater
- Internal wax & fin bag: keep your gear separate from your surfboards
- Removable storage hook: hang the bag up when not in use
- Available in 1 size: 9'6" long, 25.5" wide, and 7.8" thick
- Dimensions are for interior of bag; a 9'6" long, 25.5" wide longboard will fit in a 9'6" long, 25.5" wide bag
How do you reinforce the rails?
The way to protect your rails while traveling is with this rail travel protector system
. It is a compact solution that fits nicely inside any surf bag and will keep your board the way you packed it.
I am looking for a longboard travel coffin for 10' 3" single fin board. If a 2 board bag is available I would be interested in that as well.
This surfboard bag
one for two boards would work, if you choose its 10'6" size option. You may want to check the width of your boards - as thissurfboard bag
holdsboards up to about 25.5 wide - though possibly a little wider, as there is usually some give in the side gussets that usually allows for a slightly wider board, but only by 1-2 inches at most.
Can u travel with 2 sort boards, 6' 2" and a 6', and one 8' 6" long board, in one travel bag?
Our longboard coffin bag is built to hold a couple of longboards - but you may be able to use it for your 3 boards, depending upon the thickness of your shortboards, and how you stagger them inside the bag, etc. This surfboard coffin travel bag is 7.8" thick, 25.5" wide -- but remember to consider how your boards will be packed - what will be above, beneath, and between them (clothes, towels, etc.) - when you're considering how your surfboards will fit in this bag. If your boards and packing will be less than 7.8" thick, and none are wider than 25.5" -- the 8'6" long bag could possibly work for all 3.
Does this bag fold up when not in use?
Our longboard coffin bag does not fold up easily, when not in use, because it has the inline wheel housing and padding. It does include a hook for hanging it up when not in use, as one option for keeping it out of the way when you aren't using it.
Is the enough room on the ends to protect the nose and tail and still fit a 9' 6" board inside? Can it be used for a single longboard?
With normal extra padding you may use to protect your board's nose and tail, your 9'6" board should be fine and fit inside the bag. And, yes, you can use the double longboard bag for transporting a single board; it would give you room for extra items, more padding, etc.
How much does the longboard wheeled coffin bag weigh when empty?
Our 2 longboard travel coffin weighs 26 lbs when empty!