A unique solution to roof SUP storage. This Double SUP Locking Roof Rack is a groundbreaking way for you to transport your paddleboards on your car - it's been nominated for International Outdoor Product of the Year in Sweden! Avoid the hassle of soft straps and tie-downs - the LockRack makes it a breeze to load SUPs onto your roof thanks to its unique adjustable, locking arm system.
What is the LockRack? It's a "Hard" Roof Rack + Adjustable Arms + Lockable System
- Hard Rack: It's an aluminum-based rack system with rubber-coated arms. No more annoying, unreliable soft strap rack systems.
- Adjustable Arms: The rack's arms can be adjusted to the width you need and snapped into place with spring-loaded pins.
- Lockable System: The rack's patented theft-prevention system ensures that no one can snatch your boards off of your roof either, giving you peace of mind should you need to leave your vehicle unattended while it's loaded up.
What SUPs does it fit? The Double SUP Locking Roof Rack is designed to fit two paddleboards stacked on top of one another. The rack's arms can be easily adjusted to a variety of width settings (up to the max widths listed below) and easily snapped into place with a spring-loaded pin design. Check out the video above for a demonstration! Note, it is not recommended for inflatables, but otherwise works for most board types.
Locking the LockRack: The LockRack comes with weather-proof keys that lock the rack arms into place so the arms won't move unless you want them to! This keeps your boards in the rack on your car, right where you left them.
What is the LockRack made of? The Locking SUP Roof Rack is made of high-quality materials and designed for use in all weather conditions.
- All weather components. High-grade anodized aluminum, brass and stainless steel components can handle all weather situations and won't rust.
- Durable, stable nylon parts: Even the nylon parts are 30% glass-filled to add super strength and stability.
- Soft rubber arms. The soft rubber arms are made from durable, UV-resister thermoplastic elastomer rubber, ensuring toughness, strength, and a gentle grip on your boards.
Will the rack fit my car? The LockRack requires your car to have an existing set of roof crossbars to which the LockRack attaches. It's designed to fit most makes and types of roof rack crossbars:
- Factory roof racks: Works on any make of roof rack with an accessory groove on the top.
- Aftermarket racks: Works with all Thule and Yakima crossbars with an accessory groove on the top.
- Square bar attachments: Works with square bars and Thule/Yakima crossbars without a groove with a separately-sold adapter, sold here.
Looking for a rack for just one SUP? Check out the Locking SUP Roof Rack!
- 25.5" wide base with adjustable arms (up to 39.5" wide)
- Not recommended for inflatable SUPs.
- Set of 2 Locking SUP Racks
- Rack arms
- Rack base
- Rack attachment sliders
Do you always have to have two SUPs on the rack for it to properly lock? Sometimes I only need to carry 1 board, but want the option for 2.
It should be fine to transport one board as long as the board is 28 inches or wider. If its a smaller sup we always recommend to use the single sup base
(50cm or 19,6 inches).
Does this item come with 4 adjustable arms?
Our double SUP locking roof rack does come with 4 adjustable arms (or 2 sets of rack arms).
What is the weight capacity? My SUP's are 44b each...
These locking SUP racks do not have a manufacturer's load maximum specified for the arms/cradles themselves. The weight maximum will depend on the load maximum for the crossbars that you will be attaching them to. That being said, a couple of boards that weigh about 44 lbs (so roughly almost 90 lbs combined) should be fine, as most factory crossbar systems can support at least that much weight. Again, if you have concerns on the load, you might want to check to what the maximum load is your crossbars; but they should be fine.