If you launch your kayak from a sandy beach, this is the single best kayak trailer for you! Specifically designed to float over sand, the tires on this cart offer a minimum of towing resistance when hauling your kayak across the beach and down to the water, great for fishing kayaks, recreational kayaks, and more. If you've ever tried to wrestle a traditional trailer or cart across several hundred yards of scorching summer beach you understand how precious "minimum resistance" is.
Built for the Outdoors - Built for the Sand
- Tires for Sand Conditions: Low pressure, ultra-wide sand tires can traverse most any conditions. Save your strength for paddling and make it easy to launch your kayak. For a similar cart with more all-terrain wheels with spokes, check out the All Terrain Kayak Cart.
- Powder-Coated Aluminum Frame: Ideal for outdoor, saltwater and freshwater environments.
- Stainless Steel Hardware: Protects against corrosion.
Compact and Strong Design
- Hauls up to 250 lbs: fits many heavy fishing kayaks that would crush other trailers. Hobie, Old Town, Ocean Kayak, Native Watercraft, Wilderness Systems, Jackson Kayak, you name it.
- Load up your Gear: feel free to fully load with fishing equipment, camping gear, water and the jumble of accessories needed for your time on the water.
- Heavy Duty Foam Padding: 3.5 inches thick to comfortably cradle all hull shapes in this center mount kayak trailer.
- Support Straps: wide snap buckle loading straps make securing your boat to the cart easy, and keeps it in place over bumpy conditions.
- Folding Compact, Frame: when you reach the water, break down the trailer for easy stowage. The wheels remove in seconds while the frame folds to an even more compact shape.
- Weight capacity = 250 lbs
- Trailer weight = 20.5 lbs
- Wheels = 12" diameter x 7" width
- Frame = 16" x 39" wide x 15" high
- Padding = 3.5" oversized padding
- Straps = 1.5" width x adjustable length
- Aluminum frame
- Pair of beach wheels
- Oversized padding
- Assorted stainless steel hardware
Do you leave the cart on while in the water. or do you remove it after launching?
This kayak cart with all terrain wheels will help you get your kayak to your launch spot, but you take your boat off the cart once there, and then launch your boat...the wheels are not intended to be left on while boating.