A unique solution to roof SUP storage. This Locking SUP Roof Rack is a groundbreaking way for you to transport your paddleboards on your car - it's been nominated for International Outdoor Product of the Year in Sweden! Avoid the hassle of soft straps and tie-downs - the LockRack makes it a breeze to load a SUP onto your roof thanks to its unique adjustable, locking arm system.
What is the LockRack? It's a "Hard" Roof Rack + Adjustable Arms + Lockable System
- Hard Rack: It's an aluminum-based rack system with rubber-coated arms. No more annoying, unreliable soft strap rack systems.
- Adjustable Arms: The rack's arms can be adjusted to the width you need and snapped into place with spring-loaded pins.
- Lockable System: The rack's patented theft-prevention system ensures that no one can snatch your board off of your roof either, giving you peace of mind should you need to leave your vehicle unattended while it's loaded up.
What SUPs does it fit? The Locking SUP Roof Rack is available in two sizes, Regular and Large. The rack's arms can be easily adjusted to a variety of width settings (up to the max widths listed below) and easily snapped into place with a spring-loaded pin design. Check out the video above for a demonstration!
- Regular: 19.6" wide base, adjusts up to 33.6" wide (5 lbs)
- Large: 25.5" wide base, adjusts up to 39.5" wide (7 lbs)
Locking the LockRack: The LockRack comes with weather-proof keys that lock the rack arms into place so the arms won't move unless you want them to! This keeps your board in the rack on your car, right where you left it.
What is the LockRack made of? The Locking SUP Roof Rack is made of high-quality materials and designed for use in all weather conditions.
- All weather components. High-grade anodized aluminum, brass and stainless steel components can handle all weather situations and won't rust.
- Durable, stable nylon parts: Even the nylon parts are 30% glass-filled to add super strength and stability.
- Soft rubber arms. The soft rubber arms are made from durable, UV-resister thermoplastic elastomer rubber, ensuring toughness, strength, and a gentle grip on your board.
Will the rack fit my car? The LockRack requires your car to have an existing set of roof crossbars to which the LockRack attaches. It's designed to fit most makes and types of roof rack crossbars:
- Factory roof racks: Works on any make of roof rack with an accessory groove on the top.
- Aftermarket racks: Works with all Thule and Yakima crossbars.
- Square bar attachments: Works with square bars with a separately-sold adapter, sold here.
Looking for a rack for two SUPs? Check out the Double SUP Locking Roof Rack!
- 2 widths to choose from:
- 33.6" wide (5 lbs)
- 39.5" wide (7 lbs)
- Set of 2 Locking SUP Racks
- Rack arms
- Rack base
- Rack attachment sliders
We have a 2013 Lincoln Navigator with factory side/crossbars. We want to place a thule container on top of vehicle with 2 large stand-up boards next to the container. Will your products work for 2 boards on top of each other?
This locking SUP rack only holds one SUP at a time - you can set up two of these next to these to hold two boards side by side - but if you want to stack your SUPs on one side of the vehicle, you would want to consider the Double SUP Locking Rack
version, which does that, and would give you room to put something else on the other side of the roof rack.
I have a toyota Sienna with the factory crossbars. I want to transport a paddleboard and a necky rip sunrise 12 kayak. If I purchase 2 sets, will one be able to hold the kayak too or is it just for paddleboards?
These locking roof rack arms can work to hold a SUP or a kayak. The main thing you would want to look at is whether your crossbar systems is wide enough to have both the SUP and the Kayak on top of the car next to each other as your board & boat will not be held on their sides - they will be flat on top of the roof. You would also need enough room on the cross bars to set up both racks next to each other, and in most cases you should have enough room. In looking quickly at some specs for your Necky Rip Sunrise 12, it looks like that isn't too wide of a kayak, at 28" wide, so you should be fine in having them loaded next to each, but you may want to look at how long your roofrack crossbars are, that the system attaches to, to makes sure there is enough room for two base racks next to each other.