Need a heavy-duty, kayak wall rack to use outdoors? This Marine Grade Kayak Rack from Suspenz fits the bill. It's galvanized and black-powder coated frame is made to withstand outdoor use, and its steel construction can hold boats up to 150 lbs (XL size rack). This Rack is the galvanized, outdoor version of this popular indoor Kayak Wall Rack.
Outdoor, Marine Grade Finish. This rack is meant to be used outdoors! Its steel heavy-duty steel frame is finished with a galvanized, black-poweder coat that will hold up in freshwater or saltwater environments and will not rust. Put this up on the outside of your shed, behind your house, on your dock or deck, your marina, camp, or anywhere else you need to store your kayak outdoors and be confident it will last, for years to come.
What size kayak will it hold? This rack comes in 2 sizes: large and extra large.
- Large: Holds up to 125 lb kayaks, so ideal for slightly smaller whitewater and freshwater kayaks. Extends 21" out from the wall when mounted. Piece that mounts to wall is 11"; piece that holds kayak is 15"; front lip piece is 10".
- Extra Large: Holds up to 150 lb kayaks, so ideal for large fishing kayaks like Hobies, Ocean Kayaks, Wildernees, and more. Extends 28" out from wall when mounted. Piece that mounts to wall is 17"; piece that holds kayak is 20"; front lip piece is 14".
- Padded Arms: the set of 2 rack arms are covered in high quality 600D Nylon foam padding, great for preventing abrasions, dents, and hull distortions caused by hard surfaces.
- Safety Strap: built into each rack arm is an adjustable and easy-to-use safety strap that to keep your kayak securely in the rack. This strap provides peace of mind for your favorite boat and prevents your kayak from accidentally falling out, especially outdoors where it might be subject to conditions that might otherwise rattle it around.
- Easy Install: see the instructions on this page; simple to mount to surface using including hardware.
About Suspenz: Suspenz is the leader in kayak home storage; they make a great product at an affordable price. All Suspenz products also have a one year manufacturer's warranty.
Looking for a great deal? Check out the Cosmetic Defect Clearance Version of this product at 29% off!
- Large Size:
- Holds kayaks up to 125 lbs
- Extends 21" out from wall when mounted
- Dimensions: 11" piece attaches to wall; 15" piece supports kayak; 10" piece angles up
- Powder-coated black finish
- Extra Large Size:
- Holds kayaks up to 150 lbs
- Extends 28" out from wall when mounted
- Dimensions: 17" piece attaches to wall; 20" piece supports kayak; 14" piece angles up
- Powder-coated black finish
Outdoor Kayak Wall Rack | Marine Grade Construction
Posted: July 13, 2016
Easy to Install and worked beautifully. I ordered one as a test and then ordered two more for the rest of my Kayaks after installing and using the first one. I even like the detailed installation instructions with pilot hole size, leaving top screw loose until bottom screw is in place securely, and using soap to assist the screw into the wood. Well Done!
Outdoor kayak rack.
Posted: July 6, 2016
Fantastic kayak rack, very sturdy and a great looking product. Easy to install and use ... would definitely recommend!
Outdoor kayak rack
Posted: June 24, 2016
I installed this outdoors near my dock. It was easy to install and is easy to put the kayak on and off. It it holds up to the weather it will be great.
Fantastic kayak rack
Posted: May 31, 2016
This arrived to my doorstep 3 days after I purchased. I am very impressed with how sturdy it is. I mounted it to the side of my shed out back and it works perfectly.
Is the large rack suitable for a 30in wide kayak?
Yes, the larger-sized rackwould work fine for a 30" wide kayak, and be recommended for your kayak.
I have 2 different brands of Kayaks. First the Wilderness Tarpon 120 Angler Sit on Top, and my Second, Jackson Cuda LT, Real Tree , Sit on Top. They are 30" and 32" wide, both approx 65 lbs. What size should I get, Large or Extra Large?
You would want the extra large of these kayak racks for both of your kayaks, as the extra large is meant for larger fishing kayaks.
How would I lock my kayaks on this rack, using the Lasso type locking system?
These "lasso" type kayak locks (available in small, for boats that are 9' to 14' long
- or large, for boats that are 13' to 19' long
) have two cables that are looped around your boat then secured with a lock to a stationary object, such as this wall rack. Alternatively, an option may be this kayak lock
, that secures to your kayak's accessory rails, with a cable that can be attached to a stationary object.
What is your size recommendation for an Old Town Loon 120 and Ocean Kayak's Caper?
I would recommend the XL size of our Outdoor Kayak Racks for both of your boats, primarily based on their width at beam and style-shape. The XL is definitely the better option for ocean kayaks like your Caper; for your Old Town Loon, its also probably a better fit as well, due to its size and shape. The length on either is not going to be an issue - you can set the rack arms up as far apart as you need to, to support your boats.
I have 2 ocean kayaks. One is 24" at it widest point and one is 21". Both are approximately 15' long. Should I get the L or XL of the kayak wall rack?
I would recommend the XL size as that works best for ocean kayaks because of their shape. The length of your kayaks won't be an issue as you can set the arms as far apart as you'd like!
I have two Wildnerness Pungo 14's. Which size would be the best?
I would recommend the Extra Large size of this outdoor kayak rack; the length of your Wilderness Pungos (14 feet) isn't a factor, since you will set the cradle arms at the necessary distance to support the length of the kayak. The main factors will be the depth & width. It looks like those kayaks are about 13 inches deep and 28 inches at the beam, so the longer arm of the Extra Large size is better suited for that model boat.
I have an 8' Coleman Hooligan which rack would be best?
Most likely either size of this kayak rack would work for your kayak; those appear to not be too wide or heavy, so you may be able to use the large size of this rack, that holds up to 125 lbs and would work fine for a 28" inch or so wide kayak. If the kayak is much wider than that, you may want to consider the XL version.