A unique solution to roof surfboard storage. This Locking Surfboard Roof Rack is a groundbreaking way for you to transport your surfboards on your car - it's been nominated for International Outdoor Product of the Year in Sweden! Avoid the hassle of soft straps and tie-downs - the LockRack makes it a breeze to load a board onto your roof thanks to its unique adjustable, locking arm system.
What is the LockRack? It's a "Hard" Roof Rack + Adjustable Arms + Lockable System
- Hard Rack: It's an aluminum-based rack system with rubber-coated arms. No more annoying, unreliable soft strap rack systems.
- Adjustable Arms: The rack's arms can be adjusted to the width you need and snapped into place with spring-loaded pins.
- Lockable System: The rack's patented theft-prevention system ensures that no one can snatch your boards off of your roof either, giving you peace of mind should you need to leave your vehicle unattended while it's loaded up.
What surfboards does it fit? The Locking Surfboard Roof Rack's arms can be easily adjusted to a variety of width settings (up to the max widths listed below) and easily snapped into place with a spring-loaded pin design. Check out the video above for a demonstration!
Locking the LockRack: The LockRack comes with weather-proof keys that lock the rack arms into place so the arms won't move unless you want them to! This keeps your boards in the rack on your car, right where you left them.
What is the LockRack made of? The Locking Surfboard Roof Rack is made of high-quality materials and designed for use in all weather conditions.
- All weather components. High-grade anodized aluminum, brass and stainless steel components can handle all weather situations and won't rust.
- Durable, stable nylon parts: Even the nylon parts are 30% glass-filled to add super strength and stability.
- Soft rubber arms. The soft rubber arms are made from durable, UV-resister thermoplastic elastomer rubber, ensuring toughness, strength, and a gentle grip on your boards.
Will the rack fit my car? The LockRack requires your car to have an existing set of roof crossbars to which the LockRack attaches. It's designed to fit most makes and types of roof rack crossbars:
- Factory roof racks: Works on any make of roof rack with an accessory groove on the top.
- Aftermarket racks: Works with all Thule and Yakima crossbars.
- Square bar attachments: Works with square bars with a separately-sold adapter, sold here.
- 9.8" wide base with adjustable arms (fits boards up to 25.8")
- Set of 2 Locking SUP Racks
- Rack arms
- Rack base
- Rack attachment sliders
What rack do you have for a 2016 Chevrolet Cruz for surfboards?
What will work for your 2016 Chevrolet Cruz will depend on whether or not you have a factory or other roof rack installed on you car. This Locking, Adjustable Surfboard Rack that you were looking at requires an existing roof rack to attach to - but it will fit most factor roof racks, square bar adapters and even some Thule and Yakima roof racks.
If you don't have an existing roof rack/bars on top of your Chevy Cruz, then you would need to look at some removable, universal transportation systems. Most of these require you use all 4 doorways to run the straps through the underside of the auto's roof. There are also a couple of removable bars that one can use that allow you to attach various surfboard racks or tie-downs to, as an alternative. You can find these options here: Universal/Removable Car Racks
Will this rack work with a Subaru Crosstrex?
Do you have factory crossbars on top of your Subaru Crosstex? If so - do they have an accessory groove at their top? If you answer yes to both of those questions, this locking surfboard roof rack will work with them. There isn't an official fit guide available for these, so that is where you would start to see if they would work.
If you have aftermarket roof rack/crossbar system on your Subaru, it will work for many of those, including Thule & Yakima crossbars, and square-shaped crossbars can be fitted with a special optional adapter (available separately here