Airports and flying are a hassle to begin with, let alone if you plan to fly with your boards. If you're anything like us at StoreYourBoard, then your boards are precious to you. That's why we are stoked to offer a wide variey of deluxe shortboard travel bags. The close attention to detail in designing this shortboard, wheeled travel bag means that you receive the highest performance possible from your gear.
Wheeled bag carries up to 3 Surfboards. This surfboard coffin travel bag is 7" thick, 23" wide, and is intended to hold up to 3 shortboard surfboards. Generally, the thickness of your surfboards, when added together, must be less than 7" to all fit in this bag. But don't forget to consider how your boards will be packed - what will be above, beneath, and between them (clothes, towels, etc.), will your fins be on or off - when you're considering how your surfboards will fit in this bag.
Essential Travel Bag Features:
- 600D Polyester fabric: heavy duty enough to handle even the most careless TSA employees; won't rip or get caught
- Built-in wheels: Yeah, boards can get heavy during long walks through airports. Let the wheels carry the load.
- 10mm Waterproof padding: thick to keep your boards protected through jet turbulence or unpaved beach roads
- Foam divider: comes with the interior of the bag to provide padding between your boards and prevent wax transfer
- Load compression strap system: tightens the bag's thickness so your surfboards aren't josting around in extra empty space
- Durable PVC skid plate: for extra durability in tough conditions
- Detachable shoulder strap: pop it off when you drop off your boards and back on when you pick them up at your destination;also great to thread roof rack straps through when loading onto your car
- Non corrosive nylon zip: to protect against zippers corroded shut from dried saltwater
- Internal wax & fin bag: keep all your gear safe, but separate from your surfboards
- Removable storage hook: for hanging at home when you're not using it
This triple shortboard bag has everything you need if you want a heavy-duty option for carrying 1-3 shortboards. We've got a 4 Surfboard Travel Coffin and 5 Surfboard Travel Coffin if you're traveling with a larger quiver.
- Bag is available in 3 lengths; all are 23" wide and 7" thick
- 6'6" long
- 7'0" long
- 7'6" long
- Dimensions are for interior of bag; a 7' long, 23" wide bag will fit a 7' long, 23" wide surfboard
- Color: Black
How do you reinforce the rails?
The way to protect your rails while traveling is with this rail travel protector system
. It is a compact solution that fits nicely inside any surf bag and will keep your board the way you packed it.
Will I be able to fit a Walden MINI mega Magic in this case? It is 7' 6" , which i know the length is fine, but i'm concerned about the width and thickness. I really want to get two boards into this case. The other one is a 7 3" and a little thinner. i'm traveling on Jetblue to costa rica, so any advice is much appreciated
Our Coffin Travel Bag has a depth of 5.5 inches, for all of the lengths. So your two boards together would need to be under 5.5 inches in thickness combined to fit into it. Another measurement to look at is how wide your boards are - all lengths of the bags are 23". You should be able to use a 7'6" bag for your two boards if they aren't wider than 23" at their widest, and combined are under 5.5 inches thick.
The total thickness of my two boards is exactly 5.55". I have a 7'6" x 22.75" x 2.875" funboard and a 6'8" x 20.75" x 2.68" shortboard. I'm concerned that it's going to be a tight squeeze. I don't want to buy too much bag either, but I was also looking at the 4 bag coffin. Thoughts?
This 3 surfboard travel bag seems as though it should work for your boards, however you will definitely be using all the thickness allowed in the bag. The width and height of both of your boards are within the allowable parameters. There are two different surfboard coffins that you could also look at. This 4 surfboard coffin
would not work for your boards because they only allow for boards that are 22.5" wide. The other 4 surfboard coffin
will hold your boards but there would be a bit of extra room so it may be too much bag for you.
Triple Surfboard Wheeled Coffin
Posted: May 31, 2017